In addition to providing us with large amounts of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, legumes are satiating, so they help us eat less. In this article we will tell you which the beneficial legumes are when it comes to losing fat. You will discover that, contrary to what is commonly believed, these foods do not make you gain weight when you cook them properly. Here are 5 of these legumes that will help you lose weight in a healthier way. Keep reading! BioEnergy Code
Blood Pressure 911
Legumes to Lose Fat
First, legumes are rich in protein and fiber, two nutrients that cause satiety and reduce appetite. In addition, it is undeniable that pulses are a delicious and very versatile food. A study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition concluded that,
“Eating a portion of legumes causes a sensation of fullness and peace of mind”.
Next, let’s go over them one by one!
The first of the beneficial legumes when it comes to losing fat are chickpeas. This legume has a high content of water-soluble fiber. In addition, this type of fiber increases the volume in the stomach and produces a satiating effect and reduces appetite. Therefore, the chickpea will help you lose weight.
It is a cream made from the mixture of a puree of chickpeas with other natural seasonings that give it a characteristic and unique flavor. In addition, it is perfect for a snack instead of fried foods.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas (240 g)
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (30 g)
- Olive oil and salt (to taste)
- To start, put the chickpeas in water overnight so they hydrate and soften.
- Then, blend the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and salt.
- Then, if the mixture is very dense, add a little water little by little until it is to your liking.
- Refrigerate in a glass container with airtight lid for conservation.
- You can also eat it accompanied by sticks of celery, toast or bread.
The second of the beneficial legumes when it comes to losing fat are lentils. These are a good source of folic acid, dietary fiber, manganese, phosphorus, copper, thiamine and potassium. Half a cup of boiled lentils (about 100 g) contains more than 2.5 mg of iron and up to 11 g of protein. In addition, they are an excellent option for:
- First, reduce the levels of “bad” cholesterol (LDL).
- Second, get a lot of energy.
- In addition, stabilize blood sugar.
- 1 cup of lentils (180 g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 spoonful of chopped parsley (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (15 g)
- 1 egg
- Bread crumbs
- Oil, salt and pepper
- First liquefy the lentils, chopped clove of garlic, parsley and oregano with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Then, in a bowl, add the egg and breadcrumbs necessary to get a consistent dough that you can mold.
- Next, form the croquettes and fry or broil, according to your preference.
About 100 g of these boiled legumes have 8.5 g of dietary fiber, which makes them one of the beneficial legumes when it comes to losing fat. In addition, beans improve intestinal transit, something very important in any diet.
Charro Vegetarian Beans
- 2 cups of black beans (400 g)
- Water (the necessary)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of chopped leek (45 g)
- ½ cup chopped radish (58 g)
- ½ cup of chopped celery (50 g)
- 2 cups chopped carrot (230 g)
- 1 branch of parsley
- First, cook the beans until they soften in a pot with enough water, salt, garlic and half an onion.
- Then, in a pan, sauté the other half onion with the leeks, radishes and celery well chopped, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add the carrot and cook for 5 more minutes over low heat until golden brown.
- Then add the beans with their broth and cook until the flavors are perfectly integrated. When serving decorate with the parsley.
Soy is another of the beneficial legumes when it comes to losing fat. This is due to its great contribution of proteins, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals , dietary fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
- 1 cup of ground and hydrated soybeans (200 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chopped pepper
- 1 chopped garlic
- 1 potato, cooked and pressed
- 1 spoonful of chopped parsley (10 g)
- ½ cup of ground bread (75 g)
- Salt to taste)
- First, mix the soy with the rest of the ingredients.
- Then, form the burgers and pass through the bread crumbs.
- Then fry with hot oil and serve with bread for hamburgers, accompanied by lettuce, onion and tomato.
Finally, beans are rich in vitamin B1 and C, folic acid, carbohydrates, manganese, proteins, minerals (potassium, iron, copper, phosphorus, and magnesium) and fiber. In addition, the best thing is that they contain almost no fat.
- 2 cups of beans (252 g)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- 1 cup chopped prickly pear, cooked and drained (86 g)
- Salt, white pepper and cilantro (to taste)
- To begin, soak the beans the night before preparing them.
- Next, cook the beans in a pan until softened.
- Next, fry the onion with the garlic, the tomato and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then, add the chopped nopales.
- Add the tomato sauce with nopales to the broth of beans, season and cook for a few more minutes before serving.
Get the Exclusive Deep Sleep Weight loss Resurge Supplement! The Ultimate Solution for chopping excess pounds.